This recipe makes 10 medium + 12 small cupcakes. I tend to scale down most of the recipes I find on the web because only my sister and I eat them. (If you want to make more, the un-scaled recipe is here: Chocolate Cupcakes, Cream Cheese Frosting II)
2/3 cup flour
1/8 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup & 2 tblspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 tblsp & 1 1/2 tsp butter, softened (room temp)
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup milk + 1/4 cup chocolate milk (combine in 1 cup)
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar using a mixer.
- Add the egg to the butter & sugar mixture. Then stir in the vanilla.
- Add the chocolate flour and milk alternately. (Flour, mix, milk, mix, flour, ...)
- Bake in 175C for 10 minutes.
- Take the cupcakes out and insert a toothpick. If it comes out clean, it's done.
1/3 8-oz. cream cheese package
1 tblsp & 1 tsp butter, softened
1/3 cup icing sugar
1/8 tsp vanilla
- Combine the butter and cream cheese and mix them well.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Slowly add the icing sugar until well blended.
- Taste it and adjust accordingly (if you want it sweeter, add more sugar. Add more cream cheese if you want more 'cheesecake' taste.)
** Cool cupcakes completely before adding the frosting. **