Friday, May 1, 2009

Sugar Cookie Lollipops

I was planning to give the cake pops to my boss and co-worker as a goodbye present. But since that did not turn out too well, I had to come up with something else. So I thought of making sugar cookies.. you can't really go wrong with sugar cookies. Got the recipe from The Best Rolled Sugar Cookie. For the frosting, I used Sugar Cookie Frosting.

After I chilled the dough, I had to cut the cookie shapes out. The first few I made were just circles (easy enough). Then I tried to be more creative and cut some 'flower' shapes out with a knife.. the one on the far right turned out okay. The bottom one, not so much (Is there a flower with only 4 petals?). Also made a square. After I did those two, I went back to making circles.. too lazy to make other shapes. Once the shapes were cut out, I stuck the cookie sticks into them. The back of the cookie opened up a little bit so I just got small pieces of dough and covered the sticks at the back. Then I baked them. I was a little worried that the sticks were gonna catch fire but luckily, they didn't. Cooled the cookies for a couple of hours and then decorated them with frosting. I got lazy after a little while so I just made random scribbles on some of them. As you can see from my cookie frosting designs, I'm not a very creative person :p








The final product. My thank you/goodbye present for my boss.

Yummy rating:
♥♥

3 comments:

  1. OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG you've kept this little piece of sugary heaven a secret for a while, haven't you?!
    When we're old and having nothing to do, we can collaborate on a gift shop. You make the awesome cookie gifts and I'll make custom popup cards. x)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha how'd you find this?! i'd been thinking of making a baking blog but never got around to it until yesterday.. i was too bored haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. your comment on my blog linked to your profile heh

    ReplyDelete